Re: [squid-users] Two External Interfaces

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:31:45 +0200

Hi, Chris...

> I have a RedHat firewall with two external ADSL interfaces (and one
> internal LAN interface).
>
> The plan is to use one ADSL for web (squid) and the other for everything
> else, the latter probably being the default gateway.
>
> Is there a way to tell squid to use a certain external interface, or
> should I look at doing something with iptables?

You want the "http_port" directive. The squid.conf reads:

# If you run Squid on a dual-homed machine with an internal
# and an external interface then we recommend you to specify the
# internal address:port in http_port. This way Squid will only be
# visible on the internal address.

However you should definitely use iptables anyway.

 Christoph

--
~
~