[squid-users] problems with www.channel4.com site

From: Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:30:43 +0100

hi all,

Got a really strange one here.

Since last Friday we've been experiencing a problem with www.channel4.com (
ip address 212.62.19.212) which is causing extreme heartach for our nokia
checkpoint 1 firewall.

I've got 3 web caches connected to a foundry systems serveriron ( server
load balancing box)
Whenever anyone connects to something on the www.channel4.com web site, the
squid process servicing the request seems to go int oa loop. Looking at our
outside world link, the cache in question at our end and the
www.channel4.com site are both sending what appear to be the *same* ack
packet ( that's not the same packet both ways, that's each end repeatedly
sending the same packet)

Everything else is working fine. If I set up some acls to block access to
domain channel4.com and the aforementioned ip address then everything works
fine

I'm running squid-2.5.STABLE3 on a RH 9.0 platform with kernel
2.4.20-13.9-smp kernel
anyone else seen this sort of thing?

it could be related to the kerenel I'm using as that's just been shipped
out from RH but I'm at a loss as to why its only the channel 4 site that is
causing a problem

Alex
Sent using Mulberry 3.01a