[squid-users] Always_direct NOT Working. HELP!

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:09:26 -0600

List,
Thanks in advance for any help on this. I am pulling my hair out!
I am running Privoxy locally as the cache peer upstream from squid. I
want to NOT forward any request to site .google.com to Privoxy (as a
test), just go out and get it... It seems it is not working this way as
indicated in the FAQs or postings to this list. I can go into Privoxy
and test the site and Privoxy will tell me if it is being used or not
and what rules the site are hitting. Here is my applicable squid.conf
lines:

cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8118 7 no-query
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl ftp proto FTP
acl local-servers dstdomain .google.com
always_direct allow local-servers
always_direct allow ftp
never_direct allow all

I know the last line is working because if I comment it out, Privoxy
tells me that it is not being used on any site. With the above config,
privoxy tells me that www.google.com is hitting its filters. Also, is
there any way to have USERS in the always_direct line? Any help is
appreciated!

Mark Pelkoski, MCP, CCSE
IT Security Analyst L3
Phone: (208) 893-3233