Re: [squid-users] abt authentication and limited browsing..!!!!

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:21:59 +0200

S ý è d F ú r q à n wrote:

> Respected members,
> how r u all. i just want to know abt the authentication means
> whenever user open the browser firstly they get the screen of userid
> and password. after putting the correct id and password they do the
> browsing.

Can you pls be more specific , because I don't understand your
question.(maybe it's just me? :)

> and the second question is can i assign the limited browsing to user.
> means user cant open more than 4 browser.
> kindly help me out.
> i'll be very thankful to u

See manual:

**option: maxconn

A limit on the maximum number of connections from a single client IP
address. It is an ACL that will be true if the user has more than
maxconn connections open. It is used in http_access to allow/deny the
request just like all the other acl types*.
*
Example:
acl someuser src 1.2.3.4
acl twoconn maxconn 5