Re: [squid-users] Nessus vulnerability scan crashes squid

From: Greg Redder <redder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:07:29 -0600 (MDT)

 Apparently nobody else has ever seen this problems, so I'll answer it
myself :-)

 The problem was the 2G filesize limit. The cache.log was filling up and
causing Squid to stop responding or even die entirely. The logrotate
command was used to fix the problem. The only reason nessus triggered the
problem was that it sends out large number of http requests that are
susbsequently cached by Squid leading to the log file filling up even
faster!

--Greg Redder
  Network Analyst
  Colorado State University