Re: [squid-users] ACL List help.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:31:00 +0200

On Thursday 12 June 2003 18.28, Coreix Systems - UNIX Developers
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a client that need's (wants) to deny all of their staff
> client machines access to the internet except some specific sites
> required to do their work, but on the other hand allow the
> managements clients machines access to the entire internet.
>
> How do i achieve this?

1. allow the management machines access

2. allow the staff machines access to allowed sites

3. deny all else

in this order in squid.conf.

> i want to have the acl's in the /etc/ dir as i don't want their
> sysadmin to edit the squid.conf file.

Then place them there, or where you want to have them.

If you want this path to be compiled into the Squid binary then edit
src/Makefile to provide the proper DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE path (can also
be given as argument to make when you build Squid).