Re: [squid-users] Performance with DeLL/XEON

From: <macaco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:26:06 -0300 (BRT)

Hello Henrik...

First of all thank you very much for beeing so helpful and giving me so
much information. I waited a week to test the new configuration using
some information you and the community gave me.
I disabled the HyperThreading feature of my XEON 1.6 and recompiled my
kernel without SMP. I did recompile my squid too.

Now I'm getting 90 req/s before my CPU is 100% filled. I lowed my
mem_cache to 32MB too.

The box is not running any other services, just squid, it has 32 child
processes and I'm still using aufs.

As you said in your other email, I judged it was stable, in fact it is,
it's not halting anymore and I'm not getting these 'queue congestion'
messages (thanks to your help), but my CPU is always 90%-100% when I get
close to 100 req/s and 1500+ file descriptors. By your experience, is this
normal?

Please, if you prefer to point me some readings, ressources that talk
about these issues, I'll thank you very much.

Sorry again for my poor English, friend.

I'm using this processor + 1GB of RAM to