[squid-users] how can I tell squid not to muck with X-Forwarded_For header.

From: Jigar Rasalawala <jrasalawala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:07:41 -0700

Hi, guys

I am running Squid-2.5.STABLE2 on RedHat 7.3 OS. I found

1. If I add "anonymize_header deny X-Forwarded-For" in squid.conf, squid removes this header from outgoing request.
2. If I do not add "anonymize_header deny X-Forwarded-For, squid adds IP address of the squid server.
3. If I add "forwarded_for off", squid adds 'X-Forwarded-For: unknown".

How Can I tell squid, do not muck with "X-Forwarded-For" header ?

Client is pointing to proxy server and squid is configured as upstream proxy cache to proxy server. So when I see outgoing
request from squid, I see "X-Forward-For: <IP_ADDRESS_OF_CLIENT>, <IP_ADDRESS_OF_PROXY>".

I want to send only <IP_ADDRESS_OF_CLIENT> not proxy address.

I hope understood my Q. How can tell squid not to muck with "X-Forwarded-For" header. ?

Any help or suggestion are appriciated.

Thanks
Jigar