Re: [squid-users] using 2 parents

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:48:03 +0200

On Monday 16 June 2003 05.54, Adi Nugroho wrote:
> Pada hari Sabtu, 14 Juni 2003 21:27, Henrik Nordstrom menulis:
> > On Saturday 14 June 2003 08.36, Adi Nugroho wrote:
> > > I'm using squid proxy server, and want to use 2 parent proxy.
> > > First parent cor certain destination (based on ip address), and
> > > the second for other destination.
> >
> > Try using dstdomain acls instead or in addition to your dst acls.
> > Should be much more reliable.
>
> Dear sir,
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I cannot use dstdomain, since the destination is based on ip
> address, not in url domains.
>
> Is there another way to tell squid to select the right parent based
> on ip address?

The situation will be improved if you use a dst type acl in
http_access to force Squid to look up the IP address before selecting
a peer to use.

acl lookup_dns dst 0.0.0.0/32
http_access deny lookup_dns

somewhere before your first accept rule..

but there might still be a few false negatives as the IP address cache
may expire between http_access and peer selection, but much less than
without this.