RE: [squid-users] Pre-fetching

From: David Olbersen <DOlbersen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:56:36 -0700

I think I should also mention that in doing further research, many people have said that the bandwidth spent doing this sort of thing far outweighs the lost latency.

My organization doesn't really care (that much) about the bandwidth being used, we are supremely interested in this small group of users being able to access these cached sites as quickly as possible with existing hardware. The other concern is that they be able to access these sites even if our Internet connection has gone down temporarily.

Also, we won't be fetching the same set of pages every night. By definition of our project, it will be a different set every night, so the webmasters of the world shouldn't be too concerned.

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127
1-858-676-2277 x2152

=/groups%3Fq%3D%2522cache%2Beverything%2522%2Bsquid%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%> 26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26start%3D20%26sa%3DN