RE: [squid-users] Pre-fetching

From: David Olbersen <DOlbersen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:01:42 -0700

Henrick,

Thank you for replying.

I don't think we're really looking for a mirror: we only want a superficial (first page and images) copy of the page locally.

As I said, we won't be looking to the same site twice so I'll have to keep my mirror directory clean of old content incase all the sites I fetched last night weren't visited. Hmmm, it almost sounds like a local... cached copy... of the page.

But, if this is the appropriate approach, fine by me. It looks like http://squid.visolve.com/squid24s1/externals.htm gives me all (or most) of the information I'd need to create a redirector?

I'm really just looking for a way to get a TCP_HIT (of any kind) when one of these users asks for a page in their queue.

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127