RE: [squid-users] one ethernet card + ip aliases + squid: problem

From: Darling, Jim <jdarling@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:37:17 -0400

Ruslan:

You can set the http_port tag in squid.conf to listen to a single ip address:port combination or a single hostname:port combination. Here's the beginning of that tag's section from the squid.conf.default file.

Jim Darling

# TAG: http_port
# Usage: port
# hostname:port
# 1.2.3.4:port
#
# The socket addresses where Squid will listen for HTTP client
# requests. You may specify multiple socket addresses.
# There are three forms: port alone, hostname with port, and
# IP address with port. If you specify a hostname or IP
# address, then Squid binds the socket to that specific
# address. This replaces the old 'tcp_incoming_address'
# option. Most likely, you do not need to bind to a specific
# address, so you can use the port number alone.
#