[squid-users] Silly question

From: jamie <jamie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:21:45 -0700

I know this should be a no brainer but for the life of me I can't seem to
figure out how to do this. We have squid running for our schools dist and
sometimes we download big files via http. For instance a mac OS update that
is about 80 megs. I want squid to keep this in the cache for the next person
that needs the update since we got a lot of disk space on the squid server
but not much internet bandwidth. I've looked at the squid.conf a bunch of
times and can't figure out what directive would actually control that. I
have changed a few directives but it seems that the update gets flushed from
the cache after a few minutes.

Any ideas?

Jamie