[squid-users] redirect_program in Java ?

From: Konrad Krzysztof Krasiński <konrad120@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:01:50 +0200

Helo

I would like to know is this possible and (if yes), how to do it

I used for my first steps i redirecting of squid some with C example, I
expanded it evrything worked well,
 but mysql comunication was little hard to made there (a have a database of
IPs to make a decision
in a redirecting proces).

So I writed a small program i Java (because it is very easy to work with
mysql), it works from command line.
But when I tried to add to squid.conf:
    redirect_program '/usr/bin/java -cp /redirj/ Application1'
Squid cant start with this line and in my messeges file informed:
    squid: redirect_program '/usr/bin/java: (2) No such file or directory
Hm, it dosnt look nice to my, I soopose that Squid in redirect_program line
can`t pass any parameters !!

I tried to do:
    redirect_program /usr/bin/java -cp /redirj/ Application1
this works beter than last one try - Squid starts but not redirector, in
cache.log i saw
    helperOpenServers: Starting 1 'java' processes
    ipcCreate: /usr/bin/java: (13) Permission denied
    Unlinkd pipe opened on FD 11
I think, Squid readed only first part (/usr/bin/java) and ignores all
parameters, so the redirector ends his
live very quickly.

I woul like to know how to bring this to work well (with Java ofcourse).

I will by grateful for all ideas.

Konrad.
Sorry for my english ;)