Re: [squid-users] AUTH Problem

From: Chris Berry <compjma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:14:48 -0700

>From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
>On Tuesday 17 June 2003 21.42, Chris Berry wrote:
>
> > That's what I orginally did because I interpreted it that way as
> > well. My problem right now, is that it's not blocking anything.
> > The user in the collectors_group (root) is not being blocked for
> > any site, not just the ones in the collectors sites file. Is it
> > necessary to restart or reload something after changing squid.conf?
>
>You need at a minimum run "squid -k reconfigure".
>
>You should also check the syntax of your configuration with "squid -k
>parse".

That was the missing piece. I had to redo a bunch of stuff, but once you
pointed that out it was all downhill, thanks alot. Now I can control what
sites people go to by what group they are in, very handy. Turns out I can't
use winbind because IPCOP doesn't come with samba (and I don't want to hack
the thing too severely), but no big deal.

Chris Berry
compjma@hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Within every man beats a heart of darkness." --The Shadow