[squid-users] Please help with squid

From: David Wysocki <DWysocki@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:53:29 -0500

I have just installed squid 2.5-Stable3 on a linux (Redhat 8.0)

I am using it with a Watchguard firebox 2500 running ver 6.2 sp1.

I have the firewall setup so that it is a trasparent proxy and is sending
the port 80 traffic to the Squid server for caching.

So far everything works except---

MSN when you hit the home page it works. When you click on (for example)
Air Tickets (the url seems to be
http://g.msn.com/0US!s8.559_6217/22.b42/1??cm=Find ) it goes nowhere. It
should take you to another web site

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=fltw&&zz=1055978497671& but it
does not. The firebox is sending the msg

GET http://g.msn.com/0US!s8.559_6217/22.b42/1??cm=Find to the squid server.
The server inturn is sending a request for
http://g.msn.com/0US!s8.559_6217/22.b42/1??cm=Find back out and not finding
it. I do not know if it is the ! mark also some websites with the ~ mark in
the url is giveing me trouble.

When I setup the clients to go through the squid proxy and not let the
firewall send the traffic to the squid server, everything works fine.

I do not want to setup 650 clients to go through the proxy.

Please help.

David Wysocki
David@elginisd.net

www.elginisd.net