[squid-users] Squid Shooting Packets

From: Mahesh Kudva <maheshsk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:29:59 +0500

Hi all

I have Squid2.5s1 running as a transparent proxy on my linux box R.H-7.3
The next hop from the squid box is my router.
I never have problems for a month or so. But once a month it starts to shoot
packets at such a rate that I cannot ping my route.

Seems like a non-squid issue.So I ran packet sniffer viz: iptraf and ethereal.
Both showed packets from port 3128 which is squid. I tried restarting the
server, but enede up with the same result.

All your suggestions and ideas will of good importance to me.

Regards,

Mahesh S Kudva
System Administrator
Star Cable Infonet Pvt. Ltd.