[squid-users] Re: Squid CVS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 Jun 2003 14:39:52 +0200

You can always keep a local checkout of the cvs tree and keep it updated
on a nightly/weekly basis. However, our recommendation is to use the
nightly snapshots rather than CVS checkouts. Also keep in mind that the
snapshots has undergone considerably less testing than stable versions
and sometimes there is errors introduced while trying to fix another
issue. This can be seen in the release cycle of the 2.5.STABLE3 release
where many of the changes just before release of 2.5.STABLE3 was
corrections to earlier patches.

There is no easy means by which you can mirror the the CVS database as
such.

tis 2003-06-17 klockan 04.25 skrev Nathan_LeNevez@ausaid.gov.au:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible for me to mirror the Squid CVS
> inside my organisation. We have a cluster of FreeBSD/Squid servers and it
> we are already mirroring the FreeBSD cvs so we can deploy bug fixes/updates
> very quickly and more efficiently. Having Squid available inside our own
> network would be a great asset for us to have. If it is possible, please
> let me know what I need to do to get it setup.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nathan

> Nathan Le Nevez
> Information Technology Section
> Australian Agency for International Development
> Phone: 61 2 6206 4332
> Fax: 61 2 6282 4328
> Email: nathan_lenevez@ausaid.gov.au

> the system manager.