Re: [squid-users] iptables to limit connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:19:12 +0200

On Thursday 19 June 2003 19.25, Chijioke Kalu wrote:

> Just wanted to confirm, is ICAP already inbuilt into
> squid-2.5.STABLE3, thus i need no patch, only just to enable the
> --enable-icap-support option

No.

> cause i have seen on the website squid-2.5.STABLE1 which has an
> accompanying patch, but thought better to use the STABLE3?

The 2.5.STABLE1 ICAP patch almost applies fine to 2.5.STABLE3. There
will be one reject, but this can easily be corrected by hand (see the
*.rej file after applying the patch for instructions on what should
be changed)

There is also a slightly updated patch available from
http://devel.squid-cache.org/, and more updates is coming in some
time.

If I remember your requirements the ICAP patch needs to be extended to
address some of the current shortcomings of the patch to be truly
useable for you. See http://devel.squid-cache.org/icap/ for a list of
known shortcomings of the patch.