[squid-users] Squid - Freeradius authentication

From: Wei Ming Long <WEI_Ming_Long@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:29:30 +0800

Hi everyone,
I have been tasked with a project to grant web access to some laptop
clients.
I have some wireless clients & some of them have permission to surf the
internet & others don't. All web requests on port 80 are redirected by
iptables to the Squid proxy server, can I use Freeradius to authenticate the
users before sending the requests out into the internet. And if the users
are
not allowed to surf the internet, a web page will be sent to them telling
them
they are denied access. Can this be done? has anybody done this & care to
share their experience & knowledge with me? Please help me. Thanks.

Best regards
Matthew