Re: Ats.: [squid-users] Re: Squid floods and kills router

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:12:20 +0200

Hi,

At 23.30 22/06/2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Sunday 22 June 2003 22.53, Andrius Kriučkovas wrote:
>
> > I believe that. I would go for Linux, but its HW in my case
> > is too limited.
>
> From your description it should be a software error of some kind.
>Squid should not behave like this, even if running on NT..
>
>Will have to check with Guido if there is any NT Port modifications
>which could modify the behavior of delay pools. There might be as the
>I/O on NT is slightly different than UNIX.

I have just reviewed all received problem reports about the NT port, and I
have found an another old similar problem regarding the PRE 13 build. In
this report the user says that with the 2.3 STABLE 5 for Windows all works
fine, the very strange thing was that I can't reproduce the problem on my
development system.

So, I will try again to reproduce the Andrius's environment, but at this
time I'm very busy and I think that I can't make this work before August.

Henrik: I'm suspecting that it's a Windows specific problem, so what about
temporary retire the Windows binaries compiled with Delay Pools enabled ?

Regards

Guido

>Regards
>Henrik
>
>--
>Donations welcome if you consider my Free Squid support helpful.
>https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=hno%40squid-cache.org
>
>If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid or
>firewall appliances please refer to MARA Systems AB, Sweden
>http://www.marasystems.com/, info@marasystems.com

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/