[squid-users] Converting clear-text file into supported-by-squid encrypted file

From: Aqil <aq1l@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:41:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi squiders,

Until now I successfully make browsers to prompt for
authentication. But, squid still don't recognize the
user's password..
FYI, I choose ncsa authentication sheme..

I think something is still wrong in my userid:password
file...

I tried to make a sample file with single user and his
password in MD5 encryption format, using htpasswd:
$htpasswd -bcm /home/aqil/file1 user1 password4user1

When I tested the ncsa authentication, error occured:
#/usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth /home/aqil/file1
password4user1
ERR

The MD5 encryption is well supported by ncsa
authentication scheme, isn't it ?

So, I have 2 questions :
1. How to make the famous file ?
..the file as you know which has to be in the format
that ncsa authentication scheme supports.

2. How to convert my clear text password file into the
file that is required by ncsa authentication scheme?
I really need to perform this conversion because I
already have my database which consists of a large
number of lines. I can't imagine if I have to perform
the conversion line by line manually in the command
line ..

Thanks in advance..

regards
aqil