Re: [squid-users] Squid CPU Usage Problem

From: Peter Lustig <peter_lustig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:46:08 +0200

I have an Abit KT7A-RAID Motherboard. Once i got it working it goes
quite well. But there were some obstacles (for me) because i did not
want to use the original Highpoint drivers.

I use a similar NIC @work (on a board with VIA chipset) and sometimes
get "resetting eth0" messages. During this, the machine is not
reachable. After 3 to 4 of these messages it works again and even with
normal speed and normal CPU usage.
Do you have the possibility to change the network cards ? After googling
for < linux vortex 3c905b > i saw that many people had problems with
this card. Perhaps the driver is faulty or it does not work with your
chipset.