[squid-users] proxy_auth & squidNT

From: Justin Smith <justin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:01:56 -0400

I work for a small ISP, and we're bringing in some new clients here that
need a filtering service. We have a transparent filter, but it depends
on knowing the IPs of clients to filter. Due to some of the stranger
aspects of our ISP, we don't always know what IP pools clients will be in.

To work around this, we've got a squid proxy, and have radius block port
80 on filter clients, forcing the client to use the proxy. Trouble is,
I don't want every tom, dick and harry having access to my proxy. I
can't use address-based acls, because I don't always know my client's
IP, and I need something more flexible than ncsa_auth.

The best thing would be RADIUS, but I can't seem to find an auth module
for SquidNT for RADIUS. If not that, MS-SQL would do, so I can get at
our user info.

Where might I find modules like this, or barring that, a decent
reference to write one?

-Justin Smith
VEI Internet

"I live in a strange universe. Things like this are fairly normal" --
John Crichton