Re: [squid-users] Still Fail to Authenticate

From: Aqil <aq1l@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:13:37 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Lieven Marchand <lieven.marchand@just.fgov.be
> Seems fine to me.
>
> http-proxy-intern:/tmp# cat test.auth
> user1:Q9jp0EYusm5eo
>
> http-proxy-intern:/tmp# /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth
> ./test.auth
> user1 password4user1
> OK

Merci Lieven...
Seems work with the command line for too now..
What I missed here is that I had to put the userid and
the password with a space between them...

But it still fails when I use browsers (for trial, I
use mozilla and lynx)..

Can you take a look in my squid.conf, and tell me
where I miss something, please :

Here is my squid.conf again :

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth
home/aqil/file1
#so I am not using auth_param directive here, do you
think it is a mistake ?

acl myusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow myusers
http_access deny all

Or could someone show his squid.conf :)

Every solution would be greatly appreciated

regards
aqil