[squid-users] FTP firewall

From: Hameed <hameed@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:39:25 +0800

Hi there friends,

I need your kind advice to help me solve my problem with firewalls.
We are a small company developing database solutions using a program
called FileMaker Pro (http://www.filemaker.com/)
We have bought a plugin for our system which is called FTPit. It is
used to transfer files from the computer where the Filemaker Pro system is
running, to a remote ftp server.

The solution works perfectly for computers connected to the internet
directly. Recently we got a new client who has got an array of computers
which connects to the internet through the server where the Squid firewall
is running.

We have a Windows 2000 server OS running on our server computer.
I want to install the Squid in the server here to test my client's scenario
here.
I have the following questions to ask:

Is that possible the Squid can run in this windows server?

How to install the Squid in the server. Do we have a normal setup program?

In my filemaker plugin FTPit, they have not
provided any special functions to connect to the FTP firewall servers.
Instead
they have got a single function. Using that function we can send core FTP
commands to the server. But I do not have knowledge of these FTP commands
specifically for Squid FTP firewall prgram. If you have samples of these
FTP commands, please share with me that will of great help me.

Your help in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Hameed

Pilot simple.software