Re: AW: [squid-users] time format in access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Jun 2003 13:59:01 +0200

tis 2003-06-24 klockan 11.22 skrev Mueller, Thomas:
> Is this alss possible in this Version:
>
> Version 2.3.STABLE4-hno.CVS or only in 2.5?

The Squid-2.3-hno tree is obsolete and should not be used any longer, in
fact it should never been used in production as the patch set has never
been verified (http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/patches-2.3.html and
http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/). These patches was maintained while
merging my changes into the main Squid source tree, not as a "stable"
release.

I would strongly advice upgrading to Squid-2.5. Squid-2.5 has all the
important features of the now obsolete Squid-2.3-hno tree, and in
addition countless other improvements and bugfixes.

You may or may not be able to apply the customlog patch to Squid-2.3, I
do not know, and have no intention of finding out. Squid-2.3 is a closed
chapter in the Squid history.

The option to use common log format exists in all Squid-2.X versions.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before