Re: [squid-users] --> SNMP x Cachemanager

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Jun 2003 18:36:59 +0200

tis 2003-06-24 klockan 13.51 skrev Alex Carlos Braga Antão:

> I am making some working with rrdtool here, and got something strange. I
> am getting data with SNMP, and two of them (CPU Usage, in percent and Memory
> Utilization), have somthing "wrong".
> 1) If I go to Cache Manager->General Runtime Information, I get there:
> CPU Usage:1.20%
> But since SNMP OID is an Integer32, it gets me only 1% :
> NAME: cacheCpuUsage

> Aren´t there some way to make SNMP inform those 1.20% ????

Not without changing the OID.. The current OID is defines as an integer
and cannot show fractions of a percent.

> And also, in TOP we have:
>
> PID USERNAME PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE TIME WCPU
> CPU COMMAND
> 451 www 96 0 62136K 57420K RUN 262:48 7.42%
> 7.42% squid
> Why this diference ??? 1% to 7 % ??????

Probably beacuse top reports "now" while Squid reports "since start".

To get more interesting results I propose you read cacheSysCpuTime as a
counter instead. (seconds).

> I´d like to count the total memory SQUID is using, but
> cacheMemUsage returns only 24Mb, and cacheMaxResSize gives those 57Mb...

Not sure if there is a Squid SNMP variable for this.. checking... nope.
What you have is only the "Total accounted for" which is cacheMemUsage.

If you know the pid then you can probably query the system snmp daemon
for the process size. Or if you are running rrdtool locally then check
the process size locally.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before