[squid-users] T-shooting 404 errors

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:33:27 -0600

List,
I am trying to T-shoot 404 errors on some web pages. One in particular
is www.orangcountychoppers.com. If I refresh the page, I get random
objects that do not load and receive a 404 error. It also shows in the
store.log as a 404. I also get 404 errors on a lot of the HTML type mail
pages when users try and send e-mail. Not all the time, but sometimes.
At least once if more than 2 or 3 messages are sent. I also have seen it
when posting to user groups that use a CGI interface web form. I usually
have to hit "back" then submit in order for it to go. Any suggestions on
settings in the conf file to try and eliminate these breakdowns? I have
a RH9 box with the RPM of 2.5Stable1-2 installed and mostly default
settings for testing. I know it is Squid because I can bypass it or use
MS Proxy 2.0 and receive no errors. TIA.

Mark Pelkoski