Re: [squid-users] squid ldap auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 23:41:54 +0200

tor 2003-06-26 klockan 17.04 skrev Barns,R:
> I'm trying to use squid_ldap_auth and having read through the archives
> I'm still not certain of the manner for setting the searchbase.

The search base should be set to a DN below where all your users can be
found.

> Is it done in squid.conf in a similar manner to when using
> squid_ldap_auth on the command line,

Yes. The exact same manner, except that Squid does not understand
singlequotes ('), only doblequotes (") are understood. (Squid-2.5 and
later only.. squid-2.4 and earlier dis not allow for quoting of helper
arguments at all)

> or is it done when compiling squid_ldap_auth.

Current versions of squid_ldap_auth has command line flags for
everthing. There is no need to change the source for configuration.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before