Re: [squid-users] different udp_incoming and tcp addresses

From: Carla P. Quiblat <carlaq@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:34:40 +0800 (PHT)

Hello,

On 26 Jun 2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> tor 2003-06-26 klockan 12.49 skrev Carla P. Quiblat:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > I have a box configured with one interface address and a local address.
> > The addresses are like this:
> >
> > eth0: 20x.x.x.10
> > lo0: 127.0.0.1 with alias 20x.x.x.14
>
> Try making the alias on the eth0 device instead.

I did that but it still didn't work. I also needed to use lo0 as I'm
using this in conjunction with LVS. So I really need to make it work with
lo0.

I forgot to mention that it had another interface, bge1 (it's an fbsd
box) but is not actually used so the interface has no address and is down.

I was testing the box over and over with different configurations,
removing and adding udp_incoming/udp_outgoing which was a bit frustrating
actually. Anyway, in my testing, I tried assigning 20x.x.x.14 to bge1
interface but it still wouldn't work so I returned it to lo0 and suddenly,
it worked! Then I got snapshots of ifconfig and my previous actions
leading to this feat. I rebooted the machine, and it didn't work again.
Then I compared ifconfig -a snapshot of when it worked and current
ifconfig output and their only difference was that bge1 was UP. So i
issued "ifconfig bge1 up" and now it works. :) Really weird...

Sorry for the long story.

Thanks!

Regards,
carla