Re: [squid-users] deny downloads fr webmails

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:17:57 -0400

>I'd like to deny downloading of files fr common webmails like
> yahoo/hotmail. It's the webmail downloads I cannot catch.
>
>I only get this kind of log:
>
>1056815851.164 934 10.1.1.1 TCP_MISS/200 11237 GET
>http://us.f138.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter? - DEFAULT_PARENT/10.
254.254.6
>application/x-msdos-program
>
>Is it possible in squid to deny such download?

Check more log entries for these downloads - do all of them come
from a mail.yahoo.com server and use the ShowLetter script? Is ShowLetter
used only when downloading files?

If so, you could try using a url_regex acl - something like this:

acl YahooFiles url_regex -i mail\.yahoo\.com.+ShowLetter
http_access deny YahooFiles

If it were possible, it would be far easier to simply block the sites
entirely. There was a recent discussion on blocking MSN Messenger
that had a mention of blocking Yahoo mail - you could try looking
for that for ideas.

Adam