[squid-users] Large squid cache configuration

From: Ken Thomson <Ken.Thomson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:03:46 +1000

A long time ago I found a website that went through the process of setting up squid in a high usage environment with many concurrent users, large disk cache, etc. I've been trying to find the webpage again but to no avail. Does it still exist?

I used the information from the website to setup a squid proxy. I now want to revisit the config decisions I made and compile 2.5STABLE3 on the same machine.

Previously I used p-threads, aufs, and aio-threads=24. I have no idea now how I chose those settings (obviously I am good at keeping documentation ;-).

Also need to recap on how to compile with more than 1024 file descriptors (I think it is a ulimit thing).

Regards,
Ken.

PS. I tried going through the mailing list archive - but without a full text search it just takes too long trying to guess subjects.