[squid-users] Reverse proxy https connection switches to http

From: Darling, Jim <jdarling@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:09:56 -0400

Hi all:

I'm installing squid as a reverse proxy, running squid-2.5.STABLE3 with the sslpatch (with Openssl 0.9.7b).

I have a linux development box; testing and production are Solaris 8.

We want https both from browser to squid and squid to web server being proxied.

I can get an initial page served through squid (a login form), but the login fails because squid switches from making https calls to http calls after the initial page.

The web server runs https sessions, logins, etc. just fine if you connect directly.

The behavior is on all three boxes (Linux and Suns).

Here are the relevant sections of squid.conf (I think)

httpd_accel_host testserver
httpd_accel_port 443

https_port 443 cert=/etc/squid/squidcert.pem key=/etc/squid/squidkey.pem

cache_peer testserver parent 443 3130 no-query ssl sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Darling