[squid-users] Heavy loaded non-caching proxy

From: Dusan Djordjevic <dusan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:30:34 +0300

Hi all,

I am trying to set up non caching proxy server. Hardware is 4xXeon
server with 1 gb ram. OS is Red Hat 9, and I am using Squid rebuilt to
use i686 cpu from SRPM. As far as I know Squid do not uses more than
one processor. Is there any way to make Squid using them ? Since this
proxy is heavy loaded (around 3000 hits per second, and growing) it is
working almost unusable. Or do you have any suggestion on setting it
up. Solution with 4 instances and load balancer came into my mind, but
since it is complicated, it would be last solution, if nothing other
helps.

Thanks in advance,
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE) PlanetSky Ltd.
Tel: +357 22454896 * Fax: +357-22518022
http://www.planetsky.com dusan@planetsky.com