RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.5.STABLE3 and ntlm and authentication popup

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:32:52 -0400

> Since upping the # of children I still haven't had any
> helperStatefulDefer's, but I am getting invalid callback's and since
> I've increased NTLM logging I'm seeing a number of challenge exceeded
> max lifetime by xxx seconds.

The "challenge exceeded max lifetime" messages are probably normal. Don't
know about the "invalid callback data" messages - perhaps Henrik can comment
on those.

> At 20:42 this is what the cache manager report looked like.

(Report not copied here; see original message)

Your average service time isn't terribly high (364 msec), you have no
deferred requests, and every NTLM auth helper from 9 on has been idle. I
think you can safely cut the number of helpers back to 10.

See if the helperStatefulDefer messages come back after dropping the auth
helpers back down. Post the same data you posted this time if it recurs.

---