RE: [squid-users] How to fix active page time-outs? PLEASE HELP

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:21:58 -0400

> I DON NOT M$ to win this one. I'm trying to decommission
> 2 M$ Proxy servers.

Even from MS vendors I have heard that MS Proxy is crap (although
they do recommend MS ISA).

Funny little anecdote: a college classmate of mine was trying to
get a MS proxy server (don't know if it was MS Proxy or ISA) working.

He was on the phone with MS support, and eventually gets connected to
the senior MS tech for the region. In the course of the call, he asked
the tech what he would do in this situation.

His response - "Run Squid."

Adam

---