[squid-users] squid get killed

From: Vikrant Agarwal <vikku_agarwal@dont-contact.us>
Date: 3 Jul 2003 07:39:37 -0000

Hi all ,

I'm facing very strange problem with my squid , it automatically
gets killed once in two or three days , and it only comes up after
re-installing it with RPM .

it displays the following error when it goes down :

[root@mail telnet]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid status
squid dead but pid file exists
squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 0 to process 997: (3) No such
process

I'm using red hat Linux 7.2 , kernal 2.4.7-10 with squid version
squid-2.4.STABLE6-6.7.3

Does anybody have any idea abt this ..

reg

vikrant agarwal
system adminstrator

Click below to experience Sooraj R Barjatya's latest offering
'Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon' starring Hrithik, Abhishek
  & Kareena http://www.mpkdh.com