[squid-users] Refresh problems with IE6?

From: <misleb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:24:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

Not too long ago i wrote this list about problem with website updates
not refreshing in a transparent (WCCP) cache. I read about the
"ie_refresh" option, and included it in my squid.conf. The particular
refresh problem at the time seemed to go away. Or at least the objects
in question aged such that an IMS request was sent. The user runs IE6,
BTW.

I really don't want to turn on IMS requests for EVERY object ALL the
time. That would just be silly.

Seems like this would be a very common problem transparent caching.

Does a transparent cache really know the difference between a browser
refresh and a normal HTTP "GET" request?

-matthew