Re: [squid-users] Fw: Ldap auth failed

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:33:57 +0200

On Friday 04 July 2003 03.35, James Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the config lines I add for ldap auth:
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth
> -u cn -b cn=Users,dc=test,dc=com,dc=cn localhost

Looks fine, assuming you have a flat directory structure with all
users below cn=Users,dc=test,dc=com,dc=cn, using cn in the DN of your
users, and want to use the cn value as login name.

   cn=Some User,dc=cn=Users,dc=test,dc=com,dc=cn

   Login : Some User
   Password: *******

If any of the above conditions are false then you need to use a search
filter to locate the user (-f argument to the helper).