Re: [squid-users] Trying to select appropiate outgoing interface depending on src ip

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:11:19 +0100

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 11:48 am, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> > Surely you should be using $ADSL_IP or $ETH_2 as the source address for
> > outbound website requests?
>
> I assume that SNAT will take care of this, In any case. I did change it
> to $ADSL_IP and $ETH_2 respectively and the same issue occurs

Can you put a sniffer such as ethereal on the external interface and see:

a) whether any packets are leaving the box at all
b) what source / destination addresses they have
c) whether you see any replies ?

Antony.

--
Having been asked to provide a reference for this man,
I can confidently state that you will be very lucky indeed