RE: [squid-users] --> Simple question about authentication

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:25:14 -0400

> If I change the FULANOS acl to
> acl FULANOS proxy_auth REQUIRED
> What will gonna happen ? Squid will allow access to anyone it can
> authenticate by LDAP ? regardless of my user list on SQUID?

Correct. REQUIRED will match any user Squid can successfully authenticate.

There is an external_acl LDAP group helper - you could use that to verify
that
your LDAP users are members of a specific group, and base authentication on
that.

I've never used the group helpers, so I can't give you any configuration
info, but
you should be able to find it easily on the list archive (search for "LDAP
auth").

Adam

---