RE: [squid-users] Problems with ACL max_user_ip on squid2.5 stable3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 16:22:42 +0200

tor 2003-07-10 klockan 16.02 skrev Adam Aube:

> This makes your squid.conf easier to read and a
> little more efficient. However, I do not see any
> reason why you are having the problem you report.

I am of the opposite opiniton. I find it easier to read rules where acl
lines only relevant to one rule is next to that rule.

One thing to note about the configuration. Both ntlm and basic is used.
The IP addresses are only counted within each scheme, meaning that with
max_user_ip 1, the user can use two stations by using different
authentication schemes on the two stations (i.e. run Explorer on one,
Netscape/Mozilla on the other).

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before