Re: [squid-users] Problems accessing certain webmail sites with2.5 STABLE1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:31:26 +0200

On Thursday 10 July 2003 16.58, Simon Rae wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Henrik. I've tried that and it now works OK
> if I run as a normal proxy without using the firewall interception.
>
> Out of interest, do you know why this was happening? Is it a common
> fault?

There can be many reasons. Interception is a big hack to start with
and not meant to be there.

First thing to check is what you got in access.log when seeing the
error. This will provide valuable hints as to where look next.

Second is to look at how your interception is set up. If you are
running NAT on another box than the proxy, or have not configured the
proxy with support for the NAT method used locally on the same server
to intercept the traffic then the error is most likely here, maybe in
combination with buggy browsers not always sending a correct HTTP
request (such bugs is usually triggered by javascripts) making it
impossible for the proxy to reconstruct the intercepted request
properly.