Re: [squid-users] ACL Regex Browser - for Adobe Web capture?

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:05:31 -0400

>I've got a beautifully working squid server with NTLM then BASIC
auth so
>windows automatically authenticates and Linux can use basic auth.

Sweet, isn't it?

>1. We have a number of users that use Adobe Web Capture to PDF
file. with
>basic auth only turned on it prompts for a password like it should.
with
>NTLM and then basic turned on (which works for everything else),
it says
>failed to authenticate. i gather it's trying to use NTLM and failing.
>Linux machines work fine because they use the basic auth.

I've generally had the opposite problem (programs had problems with
basic auth; work fine with NTLM). I've developed a workaround which
may work for you, too. I'll integrate my example with your squid.
conf:

acl noauth dst [IP Address]
acl lonsdaleall proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow noauth
http_access allow lonsdaleall

The order of the acl lines doesn't matter, but the order of the http_access
lines does. Substitute [IP Adress] for the IP Addresses of the Adobe
Web Capture servers.

Oh, and report a bug to Adobe, also.

As to your other question, I've never had that problem. But then,
we're all on IE 5.5, and XP uses 6.0.

Adam