RE: [squid-users] ACL Regex Browser - for Adobe Web capture?

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:51:20 -0400

>a bug to Adobe? ok. sounds like a plan.

Yeah, I know. You might as well report it to brick wall, but at least
you're doing the right thing. Who knows, maybe if enough people do
it, they may even list it as a known issue :).

>does anybody know how to use tcpdump to sniff what the browser is
sending as
>it's header?

Use tcpdump to capture the raw data, then read it in Ethereal. Ethereal
will decode the readable portions of the data for you. Just make
sure you grab the whole packet and not just the headers.

>thanks for that acl. problem is i've got say 6 or 8 people using
Adobe PDF
>capture. they're all on DHCP.

The IP of the client doesn't matter. All that matters is that you
put in the IP addresses of the Adobe PDF capture servers. This will
allow anyone to access those server's without having to go through
authentication.

It's a hack, but it works.

Adam