[squid-users] Re: Squid server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:11:53 +0200

On Sunday 13 July 2003 10.02, Hussain Mohammad wrote:
> Thanks for your kind reply and help.
>
> I understood that there is no solution for https when squid server
> is used. Squid server can not pass https request.

Squid can tunnel https requests when your borwser is configured to use
Squid as a proxy. The port to specify in the browser is the
http_port.

https_port has another purpose (SSL enabled web server acceleratorion)
and is not used for proxying of traffic to the Internet. You can not
specify the https_port number as proxy in the browser. You must use
the http_port number.