Re: [squid-users] What could be the reason? "client: ERROR: Cannot connect to localhost:8080: Connection refused"

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:14:38 +0200

> > You will not need a telnet daemon running on your squid box,since in
> > this
> > test you are connecting to the port squid is running on.
> > You only need the telnet client program available.
> >

> # telnet localhost 8080
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
>
> Sincerely,
> LC

 That is strange, this leads to an in between
sanity check (don't understand me wrong,thx) :

  - Change , the squid port in squid.conf.
  - Stop and start squid, make sure that squid's cache.log
indicates the new port squid is running on,when started.
  - Issue the same test again,with the new designated squid http port.

  M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.
 (M.E. 1997)