[squid-users] running squid on a bastion host

From: Richard Fuser <m3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:28:28 +1000

Hello,

I am currently configuring a small squid setup to run on the internal
interface of our firewall to service my 2 parent cache boxes.

Planning to run it in a chrooted jail, with no cache and will not tell
parents to icp query it for that reason.

Could anyone provide any reccomendations on the configuration of squid
of this purpose?

Also we currently make use of the libsocks5.conf file to determine which
networks are internal and external (squid currently runs socksified).
I know we can do this with ACL's in squid, just curious as to what the
most efficient way is ? does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance....

--
Regards,
Richard Fuser