Re: [squid-users] XP NTLM only auth to Squid Windbind any success stories.

From: Mike Tubby <mike.tubby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:42:46 +0100

> Trying to authenticate XP clients to Squid through the Winbind NTLM auth.
> NT4 appears to be working fine. The XP build has registry set for NTLM
> only. Has anyone had success with XP configured in this manner?
>

> Jayme Frye
> UPRR
> Data Security
> 271-3970

Recently built Squid-2.5STABLE1 and Samba 2.2.8 on a RedHat 7.3
box by installing the RPM source files and hacking the spec files to
include the missing configuration entries and then rebuilding the RPMs
and installed...

Result works fine in a mixed environment with Win98, NT4, Win2K
and WinXP clients all being authenticated against the customer's NT4
PDC. It all just worked out of the box - I had to make no changes to
any work-stations...

Mike